Highly creative problem solver that has adapted to a rapidly changing field for over 15 years. Consistently innovating to new technology across multiple industries for small, medium, and large organizations. Experience directing in-house and outsourced technical teams to deliver results with challenging budgets and timelines. Authors operational procedures and has experience managing operational teams consisting of up to 25 direct reports.
|NET Framework & .NET Core||Career Development||KPI Authoring|
|RESTful Web Services||Team Building||ISO Compliance|
|Azure Architecture||AGILE Methodology||Vendor Management|
|Angular 2-9||Technology Visionary||Customer Relations|
|Database Administration||Partner Management||Stakeholder Engagement|
Automated Business Designs
Chief Technology Officer
- Unified project management for a technology stack spanning from VB6 to .NET Core 3.
- Introduced cloud architecture, automated UI testing, and CI/CD for all projects.
- Maintains a roadmap of technical milestones for the organization.
- Meets regularly with vendors, partners, and priority customers to keep relationships healthy and create new initiatives.
- Replaced several low performing products from the portfolio with newer high performing alternatives.
National Real Tax Tracking
Chief Technology Officer
May 2017-July 2019
- Plays a leading part in setting the corporate strategy to sustain $4 million increase in annual revenue across new markets and product lines.
- Establishes the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Provides leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission, and values.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading-edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Develops and maintains style guides for an outsourcing partner’s 2-5 technical resources to develop extractors for over 1000 different data sources.
- Manages expansion to three satellite offices, while establishing guidelines to effectively expand to hundreds more.
- Oversees and contributes to development projects such as .NET Core back ends, Angular front ends, and Octopus driven CI/CD.
Director of Operations and Technology
Mar 2016-May 2017
- Monthly reporting of technology initiatives and newly established cost per unit metrics to stakeholders.
- Translate complex business requirements that span several eras and contracts into a concise data model that allows operations to service all customers with the same internal process.
- Work closely with staff and management to model a tax payment process that facilitates payments to municipalities across the United States on behalf of any client in any industry and exceeds financial industry auditing standards.
- Communicate upcoming changes to staff, and work directly with customer service and marketing for client facing changes.
- Directly manage and mentor up to 25 direct reports.
Senior Applications Developer
Jan 2013-Mar 2016
- Plan, direct and develop web-based, mobile, and enterprise wide applications for both internal staff and external client access.
- Program new solutions for tracking property taxes for all counties of the United States.
- Keep up to date knowledge of relevant skill sets including C#, MVC, Web API, Microsoft SQL, and HTML5/CSS3/JQuery.
- Leverage related Telerik suites for rapid development and a consistent user experience.
Jan 2011-Mar 2013
- Program new solution for electronic filing of court cases that can accept localized rules and regulations to easily apply to any United States county.
- Develop web and desktop front ends for web services to allow application interoperability across a wide variety of operating systems and mobile platforms.
- Design administrative interfaces to streamline maintenance on legacy applications.
- Maintain and improve a high volume delivery platform utilizing new storage and technologies to keep it scalable.
Production Support Engineer
Feb 2007-Jan 2011
- Maintain and support several production data centers housing licensed and custom applications.
- Microsoft SQL database administration with focus on improving stability, performance, and redundancy.
- Automate production tasks such as processing daily data and images from municipalities.
- Discover, document, and replace several legacy applications without impact to daily operations.
- Implement VMware environment to reduce costs, required administration, and provide clear disaster recovery options.
- Ensure all environments and production changes are compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley standards and provide evidence to auditing teams.
Jan 2006-Feb 2007
- Website design and programming using PHP5 and MySQL.
- Logo design and print marketing design.
- Active Directory and Exchange 2003 installation, migration, and support.
- Support Cisco routers and switches, used for load balancing large LANs and WANs.
- Disaster Recovery and security compliance policy implementation including the coordination and execution of written policies, offsite backup management, and administration of tape libraries using Veritas Backup Exec software.
Certified Health Enrollment Services
Mar 2003-Jan 2006
- Microsoft SQL and Firebird SQL administration.
- Migration of desktop, server, network, application, and website policies to HIPAA Security compliance satisfaction.
- Administration of a mixed operating system, multiple server environment that included Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server 2003.
- Administration of Sonicwall appliances for VPN, NAT, content filtering, and WAN Failover.
Illinois Institute of Technology
Sept 2001-Sept 2005
- Management of a small team to ensure product delivery and critical network uptime.
- Design and implement a PHP and MySQL catalog of recorded lectures and scanned instructor notes associated with each lecture.
- Part-time support of a multiple site VPN for a mixed video-over-IP environment intended for the broadcast and recording of graduate-level classes.
- Operate a video switch board to control proper video composition and audio mastering to ensure high quality transmission.
- Installation and maintenance of professional television and video conference equipment in a studio/classroom environment.
Bachelors of Applied Science
- Managed a 5 person team that completed an implementation of a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment including Cisco network infrastructure, active directory, and Exchange faster than any previous team in campus history.
- Awarded multiple Dean’s List certificates for outstanding academic achievement.
- Completed Cisco Network Academy CCNA curriculum.
Technology Center of DuPage
Two Year Certificate of Completion
- Received DuPage County Student of the Month award for partaking in a ComEd-sponsored project to propose new lighting and windows to lower energy cost for the campus.
- Received Senior Recognition award.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP #50635)
- A+ Certified Technician
- HIPAA (Security)
- Cisco Network Support
- Disaster Recovery and Planning
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory